We Can Help Restore Your Personal Belongings After Smoke Damage to Your Lexington Home
You work your fingers to the bone to have a wonderful Lexington home. Perhaps you spend a lot of money, time, and effort to equip your happy place with valuable items and prized possessions dear to your heart.
Seeing your home and belongings turn to dust can undoubtedly be overwhelming and heart-wrenching for you.
At Dutch Fork Smoke Damage Co., we understand the customer pain points and offer solutions in your best interests.
While immensely damaged items are not repairable, slightly harmed belongings can be repaired. Our team takes every possible step to restore your valuable items and turn them back into their original form. Here’s how we work to reinstate your possessions.
The smoke damage restoration process
- Once we determine what we can save on your property, we take steps to restore them.
- We inspect your belongings to see if they have some harmful bacteria lingering on them.
- Our team uses protective gear, including lab coats, gloves, eye protection, and more when collecting your belongings.
- We used specialized company boxes to pack and protect your belongings. Because, of course, we do not want to damage them any further.
- After packing, our staff transfers them to our facilities.
- We dedicate time to clean, disinfect, and remove dangerous soot and smoke residue.
Clothing, bedding, and towel restoration
There’s no point in restoring the burnt clothing, bedding, towels, or fabric. Soot and smoke-affected fabric will only harm your skin on wearing them. Therefore, it is best to throw them away.
However, if the items aren’t burnt and have minor soot and smoke stains, we are here to clean them for you.
We transfer all your fabrics to our facility and carefully wash them. Our washing process eliminates smoke and soot and removes any harmful chemicals on the material.
Your hygiene is our ultimate priority, and we seek to offer appropriate services that resolve the problem at hand.
There’s nothing more heartbreaking than seeing your favorite sofa and expensive cabinets covered in soot and smoke. Not only this, but the furniture can also burn and break in extreme cases.
The good news is that it is repairable, and even if it isn’t, we try our best to restore it.
To begin with, we remove the charred and burnt furniture pieces. Of course, they need to be removed to rebuild.
Then, we repair your furniture and restore it to its original form. But the process doesn’t end here. We refinish and polish it to make it new and even better than its previous condition.
This could include your cabinets, doors, wood furniture, hardwood floor, etc.
Beyond repairing, we also use special materials to remove smoke odor.
We understand why you might have installed carpet flooring in your home. It is soft, smooth, and a better fit for you if you have kids.
Unfortunately, it is also vulnerable to soot and smoke damage. In fact, carpet is one of those items in your property that gets affected by the smoke the most.
The soot and smoke absorb deep within the carpet fabric, making it difficult to clean. Nonetheless, Dutch Fork Smoke Damage Co. of Lexington makes the cleaning less complex through our simple yet advanced cleaning techniques.
Not only do we dry clean your carpets, but we also repair the damaged parts. If you prefer steam cleaning for obvious reasons – it’s an ideal method for deep cleaning – lucky for you, we offer that, too.
One of the primary things at risk during smoke damage is your documents. Whether you’re a graduate student or someone who works in an office, valuable documents must be protected.
You might feel there’s no way out of seeing all your smoke-laden documents – because, of course, you cannot dump them in a washing machine to clean them – we offer genuine solutions to restore your documents.
At Dutch Fork Smoke Damage Co. of Lexington, we take certain steps to bring your documents back to their original position.
Nonetheless, note that this refers to the documents that have been only affected by the smoke or soot. Regrettably speaking, there’s no solution to restore burnt documents.
Other than that, here’s how we manage to clean your smoke-affected papers.
- Air drying
- Dry cleaning
- Freezer drying
- Vacuum thermal drying
- Vacuum freeze-drying
Not all electronics are restorable. For example, immensely damaged electronic wires pose a threat to another fire outbreak. Therefore, it’s better to toss such items away.
Nonetheless, slightly damaged electronics can be restored. Our expert team disconnects all the electronics, removes their power sources, and sees what they can do to fix them.
Once restored, they connect them again to ensure they work properly.
Your safety is our utmost priority, and we take steps to make sure you are protected.
Get in Touch
To get in touch with one of our certified smoke damage restoration specialists today, please fill out the form or give us a call! We will be more than happy to discuss your smoke damage restoration project with you.
Sanitizing your belongings:
While washing your property and belongings removes soot and smoke stains and might alleviate smoke odor, you certainly need a deeper cleaning to remove it entirely.
At Dutch Fork Smoke Damage Co. of Lexington, we understand the value of hygiene. Therefore, we sanitize your belongings to ensure maximum cleaning.
What are sanitization and disinfection?
Sanitization involves removing or reducing the bacteria on any surface. Smoke particles carry strains of bacteria that aren’t visible to the naked eye.
On top of that, the fire extinguishing team sprays certain chemicals that need to be removed.
Washing your belongings after smoke damage may make them visibly clean, but there could be bacteria lingering on them. For this reason, it is crucial to sanitize and disinfect surfaces to target any pathogens hiding deep within the surfaces.
Benefits of sanitization
Any kind of cleaning has its benefits, and there are no two ways about it. The same goes for sanitization; it comes with several health benefits. Whether you experienced smoke damage or not, disinfecting and sanitizing home surfaces is advantageous. Here’s how.
Improves home odor
- Whether it’s your home or your grandparents, homes have a specific type of odor. This springs from bacteria and dust on your home surfaces.
Although it is improbable to get rid of all kinds of odor, you can eliminate those that stem from unique bacteria, pathogens, and dust.
Sanitizing your home time and again makes your property smell better.
- Quality sanitizers remove bacteria, viruses, and fungi from your surfaces. These microorganisms are hazardous for your immune system and promote several health issues.
Fortunately, sanitizers and disinfectants target all pathogens and bacteria, making your home clean and bacteria-free.
- If you’re allergic to dust, there’s no reason not to sanitize your home frequently. Dust mites could be hiding in your furniture, floors, and windows.
Not only does sanitization targets dust mites, but it also inactivates bacteria, promoting hygiene. So, if you’re prone to seasonal allergies, disinfecting your surfaces is a must.
Reduces respiratory problems
- Dust and bacteria-build up in your property cause respiratory problems. Even worse, if you already have asthma, it’ll be exasperating.
You must sanitize your sofa, chairs, tables, windows, and kitchen surfaces to ensure proper hygiene.
Helps immune system
- Indeed, bacteria, pathogens, and dust are harmful to your immunity. COVID-19 outbreak has taught us life lessons about the importance of strong immunity.
A weak immune system becomes more prone to colds, viruses, and infections. Your body’s ability to fight these bacteria drops significantly.
Sanitizing home surfaces, especially the places you typically sit on or sleep, is critical to your overall well-being.
That said, Dutch Fork Smoke Damage Co. of Lexington ensures sanitizing your property and belongings to kill bacteria and pathogens emerging from smoke and soot damage.
Our sanitization process
Because no two bacteria and pathogens are created equally, we use different sanitizing materials to ensure maximum cleaning.
Our team removes all the damaged materials from your property. There is no point in sanitizing burnt and broken items because they are irreparable.
Nonetheless, we intend to restore your items that have been damaged slightly. We begin by washing your belongings and proceed with sanitization.
However, not all belongings are washable. For this reason, we use dry cleaning methods to clean your carpet, bedding, drapes, and furniture.
Once cleaned, our team uses top-notch sanitizing products to target bacteria and pathogens. Here’s what we sanitize and how we do it.
- We dry clean your carpet, vacuum it and sanitize it using advanced techniques and cleaning products. Note that our sanitizers do not contain hazardous chemicals that can cause potential harm.
- Our team disinfects your home windows, furniture, doors, and kitchen countertops. This eliminates bacteria that stems from smoke particles.
- We also disinfect your electronics and cell phones. These are the gadgets you come in contact with several times within an hour. Therefore, we ensure to remove bacteria that could be lingering on them.
- Our team disinfects your clothes, bedsheets, towels, bedding, and curtains.
Dutch Fork Smoke Damage Co. aims to offer quality services without burning a hole in your pocket. Therefore, we do not charge extra for sanitizing services. Instead, they are a part of our cleaning services during restoration.